NJ Laborers Union Political Action Committee - InternNJ State Laborers' Political Action Committee
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Political Analyst (Research) - International Internships ProgramForemost Strategy
Political Analyst (Research) - U.S Domestic Policy Internship ProgramForemost Strategy
Special Assistant-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-11-20Organization for International Cooperation
Legislative Assistant InternshipNJ Assembly - 11th District
Policy InternUS PIRG
Advocacy InternshipGoodwill-Easter Seals
Sustainability Advocate - paid internshipBookmark This
Clean Water Action
559 Bloomfield Ave
Posted: June 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionClean Water Action is currently hiring students to organize local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of New Jersey communities. Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow NJ residents.
Our staff consists of committed, professional highly skilled activists. New employees receive extensive training and continuing support on issue knowledge and campaign skills. All staff members receive regular updates given by political or environmental authorities or from within our organization. We have a strong and early focus on staff career development that involves travel and management training opportunities.
Our grassroots political organizers speak to New Jersey citizens about New Jersey issues, informing and educating the public, building support and channeling that support into action. We work on a wide variety of issues, but are currently focusing efforts on
- Clean Water: Protect NJ’s waterways to keep our drinking water and recreational areas pristine
- Open Space: Preserve open space in NJ, particularly buffer zones that protect drinking water and prevent flooding
- Environmental Justice: Ensure that our lowest income neighborhoods and most vulnerable populations are not disproportionally burdened by negative environmental externalities.
- Sustainable Energy: Promote energy efficiency and renewable energy programs that will help mitigate climate change disasters, improve overall public health, and create a green working economy
Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Work with New Jersey's largest environmental non-profit
- Rewarding work with a casual work setting
- Paid training, gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues
- Leadership will be rewarded through rapid advancement and be considered for future employment
- Opportunities for travel throughout New Jersey and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Possibly earn college credit