Social Media & Communications InternshipMonmouth County Democratic Women's Caucus
Summer Intern- Political Non-ProfitMassachusetts Women's Political Caucus
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon - Health Center Advocacy InternshipPlanned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon
InternshipVOICES of Conservative Women
Senior InternshipVOICES of Conservative Women
4. Duke University Durham, NC Political Campaign Canvassing Interns WantedBookmark This
Pierre Richard Augustin
DescriptionThe committee to elect Pierre Richard AUGUSTIN is seeking self-starting, energetic, responsible canvassers to help contact voters for the upcoming primary election on June 24, 2014 in Prince George's County Counties. Learn more at http://www.paugustin.com
What are the benefits of this Internship Program?
I will be more than happy to write you a letter of recommendation or reference when you are seeking for employment opportunities.
In addition, you will gain insight on how to use social media and communications skills to:
1. Influence voters
2. Gain real life experience in working in teams
3. Expand your network and collaborations skills
4. Obtain first-hand experience on running a professional political campaign
5. Unprecedented opportunity to work day to day with a local political candidate
Why Mr. AUGUSTIN is running for Political Office?
In 1992, Mr. AUGUSTIN obtained a B.S. in Political Science from Salem State University, Salem, Massachusetts, http://www.salemstate.edu/. In 1997, he earned a Master of Public Administration (MPA), Suffolk University, Institute of Public Service, Boston, Massachusetts, http://www.suffolk.edu/. In 1999, he completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Massachusetts, http://www.uml.edu/. Sixteen years later, suddenly reflective and thinking back to his trainings to solve problems and improve the lives of others, Mr. AUGUSTIN is now ready to serve and to advocate for 1)stronger schools, 2) safer streets and 3) high paying jobs for the residents of Prince George's County, Maryland.
1. Good people skills - considerate and professional in appearance; care about local issues like stronger public schools, safer streets and high paying jobs
2. Able to take direction from supervisors; simple writing ability- keep track of conversations and make brief notes;
3. Experience working with campaigns and or elected officials a plus but not necessary
Own transportation preferred.
ResponsibilitiesVolunteers Needed For Pierre Richard AUGUSTIN's Political Campaign
1. Am I To Young To Volunteer?
When you are eighteen, some people don't take you seriously and it's hard to get recognized. But in politics, whether you are fifteen or fifty, your voice can have the same impact.
2. What will you do as a volunteer?
You will help make an impact regardless of your age by speaking directly to voters by making phone calls or canvass, which includes knocking on doors, collecting information, and registering and speaking to voters. You will help us reach out to other students and pass out flyers.
3. Social Media Volunteering?
You will employ your social media skills and presence on social media networks such as facebook, twitter, tumbler, instagram, kicks and others to reach to others and voters.
4. What is the time commitment?
You create your own schedule.
5. Why should you volunteer?
You will develop an understanding of the political system and your personal stances. It is important that you understand how political campaigns work and how they effect change in government.
6. Why volunteering is rewarding?
Also, you'll feel a sense of accomplishment from working for a campaign and getting to experience so many different things from knocking on doors to making phone calls.