Campaign InternshipBookmark This
Friends of Anthony Brown
1101 Mercantile Lane, Ste 220
DescriptionThe Brown-Ulman 2014 campaign for Governor is seeking interns to participate in the Spring/Summer Intern Program. The Brown-Ulman campaign will provide students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the political arena and the upcoming statewide election.
Internships will focus in several areas including: fundraising, communications, field activity, research and political outreach. Prior experience is not required. All students in college and high school are encouraged to apply regardless of major or field of study. This is a great opportunity to start or add to your resume. Candidates must be a Democratic Party voter and/or supporter.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with social media
• Assist with event planning
• Assist with managing data lists
• Conduct general research
• Assist with outreach and grassroots activities.
• Assist with canvassing and phone banking
• Provide general office support
• Ability to work independently and in small groups
• Possess an interest in politics, especially Maryland politics
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to do door to door canvassing and phone banking, as needed
• Possession of strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make calls to a wide variety of people.
• Be a self starter who is able to take initiative on individual projects
• Possession of strong organizational/multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ownership of a laptop computer to be used during intern assignment
• Interns must commit to at least 10 hours per week
• Occasional evenings and weekend availability preferred but not required
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Offices are located in Baltimore, Silver Spring, Prince George’s County and Columbia.
How to Apply:
Send a current resume to Tonibyrd@anthonybrown.com with Internship Program in the subject line.