Maura Healey for Attorney General Internship: Campus Internship ProgramMaura Healey for Attorney General
Maura Healey for Attorney General Internship: Internship ProgramMaura Healey for Attorney General
Maura Healey for Attorney General Internship: Campus Organizing ProgramMaura Healey for Attorney General
Field Organizers Needed for Political CampaignRe-Elect Laurie Nowak, DuPage County Commissioner
Research AssistantFreedom Marketing
Chief of OrganizingBookmark This
P.O. Box 650
Falls Church, VA
DescriptionHillary 2016, whose purpose is to create a groundswell of support for a potential Hillary Clinton presidency is looking for a Chief of Organizing. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to enhance their skills and work as part of a political action group.
The field organizing branch is the heart and soul of our committee. The Chief of Organizing, in particular, is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing the outreach strategy and staff on the ground. Working closely with the Executive Directors, the Chief of Organizing will support the organizational strategy of Hillary 2016 by working with a team of field organizers in four regions (East, West, North and South) to move forward relationships, communities, actions and events in support of our mission. The ideal candidate will be committed to the work of the organization, have excellent communications skills, and experience in political organizing. Preference will be given to individuals in the DC metro region.
• Manage all aspects of a comprehensive field organizing campaign.
• Develop and implement new ways to mobilize the community towards engagement.
• Skilled at creatively thinking about how to combine organizing best practices with technology and media.
• Ability to work with communications and field staff to create resources that further organizing, which could include: national conference calls, written and online toolkits, training materials, etc.
• Demonstrate flexibility in the job role, understanding the need to dynamically respond to evolving needs while maintaining focus on core strategy.
• Provide mentorship and support to a dispersed staff.
• Manage team made up of interns and volunteers.
• Sets measures for outcomes, collects data, communicates and adjusts projects accordingly.
• Work with executive team on issues related to operations, development and communications.
• In coordination with Chief of Public Relations & Chief of Marketing, construct content for organizing campaigns that address diverse audiences, especially creative media communications.
• Strong ability to quickly synthesize information about new topics.
• Lead fundraising team by identifying and soliciting funds for a significant fundraising campaign.
• Skilled at envisioning gatherings that both organize and motivate persons to give
• Assist field staff in planning, organizing, and implementing community events, including but not limited to fundraising, voter registration, phone banks, door-to-door canvassing, etc.
• Significant public speaking, networking, and talking with funders and prospective supporters.
• Applicants should have experience organizing/managing a political campaign.
• Proven track record of coalition building, field organizing, financial oversight and public speaking.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities, serve as a team leader, and maintain professional under pressure.
• Likes teamwork, but can work independently day-to-day.
• Ability to plan and manage complex strategies under deadlines.
• Ability to thrive in a virtual office environment: communicates well on conference calls (video and voice), email and emerging media. Availability to attend occasional executive meetings in the DC office.
• Strong work-ethic and highly self-motivated.
To apply, send your resume and a short letter of interest via email (please reference the job title for the position you are applying for in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an unpaid position which allows for flexible scheduling with a combination of telecommuting and attendance at events and planning meetings. Many event locations will take place in Washington D.C. and will be metro accessible. Individuals will have full access to resources and alliances via Hillary 2016. This position will provide a variety of opportunities such as: the ability to gain marketable skills, mentorship, and industry exposure.
Paid for by Hillary 2016 Super PAC
Not Authorized by any Candidate or Candidate’s Committee