Los Angeles City Council Member Field OfficeBookmark This
City of Los Angeles
5577 N. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionThe Field Department is a critical part of the First Council District. It is charged with
implementing the Councilmembers vision of the First District as well as execute core constituent
Responsibilities• Constituent Casework – helping constituents resolve problems with city agencies and
work with partner agencies to resolve individual concerns.
• Field – assist field deputies to address issues affecting residents of Los Angeles First
• Legislative Research – research, analyze and provide briefs on the status and content
of various city, county, and state statutes. Assist the district staff to produce talking
points for the Councilmember on numerous local issues.
• Constituent Outreach – assist in planning and executing public meetings and other events
throughout Los Angeles.
• Administrative – support the district office’s service to constituents by answering phones,
fielding constituent inquiries, filing, mailing and sorting.
Requirements• Current/graduate student enrolled in a degree program at an accredited university or
• Excellent and creative writing, editing and communication skills
Spanish Speaker preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work quickly and on deadline
• Detail oriented
• Interest or background the nonprofit sector, public service and/or government
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong research skills with a resourceful, can-do attitude