Outreach Assistant – Grassroots PoliticsBookmark This
New Brunswick, NJ
DescriptionWe're looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing outreach assistant to help organise and recruit volunteers for a competitive federal primary campaign based in New Brunswick. The candidate is strongly progressive, very engaging, and highly experienced.
Maybe you have field experience, maybe you're just really well organized and outgoing. We may be able to arrange college credit.
Depending on your experience, availability and our budget – the position may be voluntary, or modestly paid.
ResponsibilitiesYou will have the chance to:
- Recruit volunteers
- Lead canvassing operations
- Work with a tight, experienced campaign team
- Work for a progressive federal candidate
- Get first hand experience in grassroots politics
- Assist with event-planning and outreach
- Highschool / college student organisation leadership experience
- Engaged in Democratic / progressive social groups
- Contacts and networks among Democrats
Don't spend too long on your application, just send:
- A few sentences detailing your background and experience
- A few sentences on why you're interested
- Your availability
- Contact details
+ Feel free to attach a resume (or not)
+ Bonus points if you're good with a smartphone/computers and/or have a car (and an impeccable driving record)