2017 Summer Internship with the Georgia House Democratic CaucusGeorgia House Democratic Caucus
Internship in Politics / ad agencyCold Spark Media
Political Campaign workersFriends of Joe Michael
Editorial / Journalism Internu4see
Internship for City Council CampaignMarte for NYC
Political Assistant (Internship)BDP
Contract Political Writer Positions Available (Conservative, Liberal, etc)Vetti Media LLC
Community/Political Outreach InternshipBookmark This
Orange County Employees Association
830 North Ross Street
Santa Ana, CA
Posted: August 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOrange County Employees Association (OCEA) is the largest independent public-employee labor union in Orange County, California, representing 18,000 public employees. Founded in 1937, OCEA works hard to maintain and improve salaries, benefits and working conditions for public employees in Orange County. Improvements negotiated by OCEA for County employees include biweekly pay; disability leave of absence; procedures establishing and protecting employee rights in disciplinary matters; retiree medical insurance; and more.
OCEA’s mission is to advance the welfare and security of Orange County local government employees and their families. The organization strives to be a recognized leader among labor organizations, playing a vital role in the lives of local government employees and their families.
OCEA has a full-time, professional staff of skilled personnel capable of aiding OCEA’s members in the most difficult and sensitive situations. Staff includes attorneys, labor relations representatives, communications specialists, insurance agents and office services support.
For more information, please visit www.oceamember.org
Orange County Employees Association is located at 830 N. Ross Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
ResponsibilitiesOCEA is seeking hard-working, progressive-minded individuals to join the organization's College Intern Program. Interns will report directly to OCEA’s Communications team, and contribute to the organization’s short and long-term community organizing goals. Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, member-to-member organizing, community outreach, campaign planning, political research, and volunteer recruitment and organizing.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of eight hours per week, for a minimum duration of three months. Reliable transportation is required.
Benefits of Internship:
• Interns will have the opportunity to positively impact their community, contributing to political actions that seek to improve the lives of the residents of Orange County, and particularly the employees and families represented by OCEA.
• Interns will have the opportunity to work in a professional office environment, interact with labor union professionals, and develop critical communication and outreach skills, knowledge, and relationships.
• Interns will gain first-hand political organizing experience, working with a dynamic, experienced staff.
• School credit is available.
Requirements• Students pursuing degrees in Political Science, Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs are encouraged to apply. All majors are welcome to apply.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, outgoing, responsible, dependable, and most importantly--dedicated to the mission and values of OCEA.
• Applicants must be motivated by a desire to make positive, lasting change in their community.
• Applicants should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience interacting with members of the public in a professional capacity.
• Applicants with community volunteer experience preferred.