Digital Organizing InternGPS Group
Queens Borough President Candidate Seeks Professional Interns for CampaignHipHoticHelps Inc.
Progressive Bronx Campaign Seeks InternsBrownMillerGroup
Emerge California Seeks InternsEmerge California
Dallas County Democratic Party Special Projects InternDallas County Democratic Party
Field Organizer InternQuinlivan for Council
Low Commitment Intern (there is both a high commitment and low commitment program)North Shore Strategies
High Commitment Intern (there is both a high commitment and low commitment program)North Shore Strategies
Women's Equity InternBookmark This
Women's Equity Center and Action Network
Posted: February 24 2016
Company Location: College Park, MD
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Women’s Equity Center and Action Network (WE CAN) is an engaged and motivated network of women and girls of color, focused on social justice, equal opportunity, and improved quality of life. WE CAN’s mission is to provide women of color with tools and resources to facilitate their engagement in their communities and decision-making that affects their daily lives.
WE CAN seeks a motivated Intern with an interest in civic engagement, policy and advocacy and women, children, youth and family issues to work closely with our Founder, Board of Directors and volunteers to advance WE CAN’s goals. The most desirable candidate will have excellent organizational and writing skills and pay meticulous attention to detail to his/her work. The internship will provide a substantive learning experience and an opportunity to contribute to the field. The virtual internship is full-time during the Summer months and may be renewed, on a part-time basis, for additional three (3) month periods.
• Conduct research on a wide range of policy issues and draft fact sheets, issue briefs, and other written documents
• Track legislation
• Research and identify multi-issue child advocacy groups around the nation which are not currently engaged or are just beginning to form
• Manage website updates, including identification and posting of relevant news items, Congressional hearings and learning events
• Assist in the planning of educational webinars and events
• Attend briefings and hearings on pertinent issues and draft summaries for circulation to the WE CAN Network
RequirementsCharacteristics Desired in the Intern:
• Organizational Skills: Capacity to effectively and efficiently manage a variety of tasks with little supervision
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and PowerPoint
• Writing/Editing Skills: Assist in the writing and editing of a variety of materials
• Knowledge Base: Basic understanding of the federal policy process and health, human services children, youth and family issues