12 week, part-time Claims Liability Determination Internship (December 2014 grads)Bookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.Allstate Insurance is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer and provides insurance products to more than 14 million households. Allstate is a Fortune 100 Company and was recentlyvoted one of the World's Leading Companies by Forbes magazine.
Allstate has an opening for a paid internship for a December 2014 graduate. The opportunity isat our Southwest Market Claim Office in Tempe, AZ right across the street from the Arizona State University campus.
During this 12-week internship you will spend between 15 - 25 hours per week inthe Casualty departmentgaining an overall understanding of the insurance claims process and have the opportunity to bring normalcy back to the lives of our customers.During the rotation, you will become familiar with how the claims department impacts our financial results as well as the overall customer experience.Our goal is to provide hands on experience for professional individuals looking to broaden their skills and explore career aspirations.What a LiabilityDetermination Adjuster does... OurLiability Determination Adjusters play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people's lives after they experience a loss. They areresponsible for investigating accidents to determine liability, analyzing police reports and interviewing accident victims via the phone, to evaluate the cause of the accident, who's at fault and to what degree.Theywork directly with customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner and to negotiate fair and equitable settlements. Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Gain exposure to the overall Claims operation
- Interact with internal and external customers on a daily basis
- Provide daily support to Allstate claims employees and assist with day to day activities including process, training, and communication
- Follow established procedures to ensure a positive customer experience
Candidates should possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Currently in good academic standing, pursuing a Bachelor or Master Degree and begraduating in December 2014
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both on ateam andindependently and with integrity