2014 Finance Internship Program (Summer)Bookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionDescription Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company! When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees careers. In this role, you will provide accounting and clerical support functions for one of our financial units. Using business judgment on issues and tasks, you will have impact on financial and departmental activities. You will also work closely with technical financial staff to assist with special projects or research.
- Process various financial transactions such as bills, expense reports, receivables.
- Input data and maintain logs for recording and tracking transactions. Monitor compliance with policy and procedures; identify trends in activities and outcomes. Ensure that accounts are balanced and reconciled.
- Collect, compile, prepare and analyze data from multiple financial systems, including journal entries and other financial transactions.
- Serve as a liaison for assigned accounts, customers and/or vendors. May handle sensitive issues or transactions.
- Perform other duties and projects including operation reports, month-end closing activities and researching and resolving complex issues.