2014 Summer Internship - Risk Management TrackBookmark This
San Francisco, CA
Schwab Summer Internship Program 2014 – Risk Management Track
It’s not often you get a chance to work with a company that’s been challenging the conventions of the industry for over 40 years. But that’s what you could be doing next summer!
Schwab’s reason to be is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. It’s summed up in our tag line: ‘own your tomorrow’, and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab’s Summer Internship Program provides a structured experience integrating learning, business specific projects, and shared experiences with fellow interns. Features of our newly designed Summer 2014 Program include:
* Business Track Project: real work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into a real business project (see below for more details)
* Intern Cohort Project: opportunity to partner with other interns to brainstorm and present solutions together
* Training & Learning Activities: structured and facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, mentorship and senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training
* Feedback Loop: regular feedback from your manager and mentor, career-related discussions, and feedback from you, too
* Ghosting/Shadowing: sit side-by-side with Schwab professionals who serve our clients to get first-hand experience of our business and our focus on clients
As a Schwab Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain support from the interaction with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, in addition to a dedicated mentor.. Schwab is a ‘strengths-based’ organization and during your internship you will learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do with us and beyond.
Schwab evaluates intern candidates with one objective approach. We look for students with the following characteristics:
* Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness and knowledge
* Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
* An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things
* Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full time hiring upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
* Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to a bachelors or master’s degree
* Planned graduation between December 2014 and December 2015
* Ability to work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 10-week program, from June 9 to August 15
Recognized as an industry leader, Schwab’s welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship as well as a focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: For the Summer Internship 2014 Program there will be multiple Business Tracks and we encourage you to apply for all. Tracks for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which Track you pursue, our goal is to provide each intern with a consistent and unique experience; an experience you won’t soon forget!
Risk Management Track
The Policies and Controls Group project for the Summer Intern will be to work with the various teams within CSIM to test the Mutual Fund and Adviser policies deliverables against those defined by their desktop procedures. This testing will serve as a mock regulatory audit. The testing will involve the Portfolio Management, Operations, Credit, Product Management and Development teams in defining and validating each deliverable from the Fund and Adviser Policies. This project will allow the intern to develop an understanding of what an investment management firm is responsible for, have direct contact with the key players and experience leading a project that will be a major deliverable for CSIM.
The Polices and Controls group serves as the Operational Risk arm for CSIM and is engaged with Corporate Operational Risk. As part of their duties they work with each department to document their Desktop procedures and validate them.
The Summer Intern candidate will be working with each of the various groups within CSIM to develop and test the Desktop procedures against the Fund and Adviser polices to ensure complete coverage and the ability of CSIM to provide all necessary documents in the event of a regulatory exam.
Candidate need to have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel. Project Management skills a plus.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: No Work Experience
Position Located In: CA - San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Expiration Date: Thursday, May 1, 2014