2-3 Internships - Hosted Systems EngineerBookmark This
1111 3rd Avenue, Suite 950
Linedata is looking for Computer Science students for an internship to learn system administration, staging and deployment of engineering releases to production environments, Incident Response, Reporting in a 24X7 Hosted Applications services Network Operations Center comprised of enterprise Windows/SQL and Linux/Oracle operating environments.
The ideal student will have knowledge of:
• Analytical skills necessary to ensure assignments are implemented in a clear, controlled, anticipated fashion.
• Ability to quickly learn about procedures and technologies for systems and applications and to apply new knowledge in small to medium size tasks.
• Demonstrated clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in creating process and procedural documentation.
• Work effectively with all levels of company staff; must be a self-starter, and work well in a team environment.
A member of the Linedata Hosting Operations team lives by and emulates our core values: performance, emotional intelligence, teamwork, high quality, professionalism, and technical excellence. Our primary charter is to maintain, administer and troubleshoot our hosted Production environments through timely alert and request response, acknowledgement, triage and escalation processes.
This position will interact primarily with Hosting Engineers and other Engineering teams to exchange issues, obtain technical approaches and understand new methods and standards.
Assignments usually come from the Hosting Management, as well as technical direction from Hosting Engineering and Development Leads.
This position will required some independent decision making; making recommendations, taking action, and performing work under minimal supervision.
Enrolled as a BS/BA/MS student in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Knowledge of Network Operations Center protocols, focusing on response, systems performance and high availability.
• In-depth knowledge of Physical & Virtual server technologies.
• Knowledge and experience in Release management; qualifying, staging and deploying of specialized software pieces into a complex production hosting center.
• Application of and adherence to industry and best-practice standard in regards to security as it applies to core technologies.
• Work is done primarily at a desk.
• Schedule will generally be business hours/business days.
• Coverage on holidays and weekends may be required.