ADMITTING REPRESENTATIVE - EMERGENCY DEPT (part time 6:30pm-6:30am)Bookmark This
Houston Methodist West Hospital
18500 Katy Freeway
Work Shift: 6:30pm - 6:30amWork Week
Friday - Saturday
Residents of West Houston are benefitting from the most innovative care at any community hospital in Southeast Texas. Opened in December 2010, Houston Methodist West Houston Hospital continues the tradition of bringing excellence and leading medicine throughout the Houston area since 1919. With 134 licensed beds, eight operating rooms and over 800 employees, Houston Methodist West Houston Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY The Admitting representative is responsible for obtaining and inputting accurate demographic and insurance information on the hospital information system on patients, presenting at the various entry points of the health center. The Admitting representative is responsible to adhere with all statutory and regulatory requirements (HIPAA, EMTALA etc) along with hospital policies and procedures. He/ She is responsible for cashiering functions, ensuring that all hospital accounts are secure, through the collection of required admission co-pay, deductible and performs medical necessity check, to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains and records accurate demographic and insurance information on patients, by interviewing patients, family members and physicians. Ensures that correct insurance plan codes are utilized for the billing process. Refrains from issuing new medical record numbers to patients with existing accounts and keep errors to =<1% of total registrations. (EF)
- Ensures that ordered services meet established medical necessity criteria by performing the PCA (Pathways Compliance Advisor) or any other medical necessity check review. If and when warranted. (EF)
- Consistently takes the necessary steps to ensure that protected health information remains private and confidential, according to established HIPAA guidelines. (EF)
- Explains the consent forms to patients, obtains signatures on the forms and responds to any questions in a non judgmental manner. (EF)
- Practices N-O-D: tell the patients his/her name, explains his/her occupation to the patient and explain what services they will be assisting the patient with. Offer assistance without being prompted and takes initiative to perform other tasks when the area slows down. (EF)
- Collects payments based on pre- determined information provided by the insurance verification team. Absent this information, proactively performs insurance eligibility and verification to ensure reimbursement for services. If applicable, extend payment plans after the minimum required payment has been received. (EF)
- Accurately receive and posts payment received from patients. Balance cash drawer on a daily basis, allows the department policy related to cash drawers and cash receipting (EF)
- Attends at least 80% of all department meetings and in services. Report to management in a timely manner about unusual and/or difficult situations impacting level of service. Communicates openly in a non-judgmental and professional demeanor during all interactions with customers and co-workers. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence). (EF)
- Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards ( Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer.) (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. (EF)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran .