APPLICATIONS ANALYST III - AMBULATORY EMRBookmark This
6565 Fannin St.
M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of five hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and four community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, an international business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 15,000 employees. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Ambulatory EMR Applications Analyst III focuses on work assignments for implementing and supporting EMR and Practice Management solutions for varying sizes of physician practices associated with The Methodist Hospital System. The Applications Analyst III performs as a business and system analyst to determine business requirements and user needs for developing the application solutions and optimizing performance of Ambulatory IT system. Must have a strong knowledge of Ambulatory clinic operations and demonstrate strong leadership skills including the ability to develop and maintain key customer and vendor relationships. Supports all users of solution, providing timely implementation, ongoing maintenance, and provides the stable and dependable systems foundation for enhanced user productivity. The incumbent should have working knowledge of the workflow of a physician office and leverage that knowledge to logically apply electronic solutions to the Ambulatory application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support for Ambulatory EMR/ PM and related systems
- Participates in on-call support rotation
- Participates in selected EMR and PM full life cycle system deployments as assigned
- Adopts all standard processes and documentation responsibilities relative to issue management, change management, testing, training, and documentation
- Responds to customer issues and change requests with a high degree of success according to established service levels and/or expectations
- Actively participates in knowledge-sharing, mentorship and cross-training
- Interacts with system vendor support personnel and other Methodist IT departments to resolve customer issues and requests
- Gains specific knowledge of distinctive differences between Ambulatory system deployments and leverages opportunities to standardize when appropriate
- Participates in system deployment, testing, and training activities
- Participates in all system upgrades, fixes, and enhancements as needed
- Provides and conducts, as needed, internal team education sessions
- Participates in IT build, implementation, training and support activities for new clinics/providers added to existing practices
- Meeting operational needs as driven by our customers we support.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or two year technical degree. Equivalent combination of experience and education.
4-8 years of progressive experience in ambulatory healthcare IT and/or physician office EMR/PM implementations
EPIC, Cerner, ECW, EMDs, or like products
Preferred: NextGen, Athena Clinicals
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The incumbent should have working knowledge of the workflow of a physician office and leverage that knowledge to logically apply electronic solutions to enhance those needs.
- Strong analytical, logic, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in supported computer systems and business processes.
- Ability to lead communication between business stakeholders, technical resources and third parties for business requirements and technical solutions.
- Strong backend configuration and modification skills of respective applications.
- Meaningful Use knowledge and practical application for system
- Demonstrates ability to define scope and objectives for development or modifications to moderately complex application systems.
- Able to develop and run SQL queries with variety of third party tools and SQL Server tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran .