Accounting AssociateBookmark This
Prudential Investment Management (“PIM”) is seeking a Financial Reporting Associate in its Fixed Income finance group. The successful candidate will be part of the group responsible for accounting, reporting, planning, forecasting and analysis for the Fixed Income business.
The Fixed Income business represents nearly 48% of approximately $580 billion of PIM’s assets under management. The business includes management of Prudential’s General Account portfolio as well as assets managed for retail and institutional clients through a wide variety of asset types and investment strategies. Fixed Income asset management operations are based primarily in Newark.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Closely work with hedge fund administrator team and prepare monthly profit/loss estimate file.
- Calculate required equity for seed and co-investments.
- Reconcile and record monthly ledge entries for CLO and hedge fund cash and non transactions.
- Prepare quarterly GAAP Supplemental schedules.
- Assist in planning and forecasting for Strategic Investments.
- Assist in preparation of GAAP/IFRS audited financial statements.
- Ad-hoc requests and presentations as they arise
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance preferred, but will consider candidates with proven experience in accounting or financial reporting functions
- 2 – 3 years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, or financial analysis
- Strong communication and partnering skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
- Self-motivated and proactive; willingness a strong desire to learn
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, must have a firm working knowledge of Excel; Oracle a plus