Accounting InternBookmark This
Crescent Electric Supply Company
7750 Dunleith Dr
East Dubuque, IL
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States with over 140 locations in 28 states, operating under the brands of Crescent Electric Supply, Stoneway Electric Supply and Interstate Electric Supply in the Pacific Northwest, and BA Supply in Missouri. Crescent Electric supplies electrical and datacomm products from over 1000 manufacturers to electrical contractors for construction, industrial MRO and OEM accounts, and commercial facilities. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value-added services.
**This person will work approximately 20 hours per week. Afternoons are preferred but not required.Responsibilities:
The Accounting intern will work within the accounting department. Specific job duties include working with accounts payable to facilitate vendor payments by corporate purchase card; reconcile corporate purchase credit card purchases/payments; reconcile fleet cards; assist in month end and year end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts; prepare audit work papers; and tax work papers.
- Pay credit card invoices.
- Monitor Purchase Card outstanding payment authorizations.
- Function as a liaison between branch personnel and vendors for credit card payments.
- Assist employees with Fleet Card issues.
- Assist with monthly Purchase Card reconciliation.
- Provide vendor support with technical issues as it relates to Purchase Card payment collection.
- Assist with monthly general ledger reconciliation of various accounts.
- Work with the Marketing Department to pay invoices for co-op events.
- Assist with Tax documentation and work papers.
- Assist with eBay reconciliation once per week.
- Assist with internal audit.
- Assist with due diligence for acquisitions.
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Position requires excellent Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
This is a part-time position, therefore not eligible for benefits.CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.