Accounting Intern (Internal Controls & Policies)Bookmark This
Boca Raton, FL
DescriptionTITLE: ACCOUNTING INTERN (Internal Controls Policies) Full-time/Internship: InternshipLocation:Boca Raton, FL Hr./Wk:40 hours per weekWork Authorization:U.S. Citizen, US Permanent ResidentTyco Business Unit: Tyco > Internal Controls and Policies Group COMPANY OVERVIEW Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com. JOB OVERVIEW Tyco is offering the opportunity for students majoring in Accounting to intern with our Controller's team. The Intern will be exposed to all functions performed in connection with supporting the Sarbanes Oxley testing and will assume responsibility for other project-oriented tasks during tenure of internship. Roles Responsibilities - Assist with controls assessment and review of targeted Corporate processes - Perform internal control testing for Corporate areas - Assess financial statement impact of control weaknesses and work with process owners to create and implement remediation plans - Provide central support and administration for control tracking database and related reporting tools - Continuously identify areas for process improvements
- In pursuit of Bachelors degree in Accounting with expected graduation by Spring 2015.
- Basic understanding of financial terms and concepts.
- Possess high energy level, strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skill; able to interact with all levels of management
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- High integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Assignment starts June 2014.