Accounts Payable ClerkBookmark This
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Perform clerical duties for the accounts payable department under the direct supervision of the A/P Supervisor
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
· Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Verify and input all A/P invoices daily.
· Prepare accounts payable checks and cash disbursement journals.
· Process accounts payable checks.
· Mail and distribute accounts payable correspondence.
· Maintain accounts payable related files such as invoices, new and revised vendor forms, recurring entries, closed files.
· Analyze and resolve outstanding vendor invoices/statements.
· Maintain good relations with vendors and respond to all inquiries.
· Daily opening, stamping and distributing of mail.
· Process employee expense reports, petty cash and tuition reimbursements.
· Work with the G/L department on the Prepaid Travel and Travel Advance Reconciliations
· Provide payroll with the monthly Tuition Reimbursement Report
· Special projects and related duties as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work. May be asked to move or lift storage boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
High School diploma with bookkeeping and business courses preferred.
EXPERIENCEAND REQUIRED SKILLS
· Two years of diversified bookkeeping or similar business experience preferably in a computerized A/P environment. SAP experience preferred.
· Adequate computer skills with experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
· Knowledge of business and technical vocabulary.
· Knowledge of organizational operations and procedures.
· Ability to employee basic reasoning skills.
· Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with considerable tact and diplomacy.