Administrative Assistant - ConstructionBookmark This
Tyco Integrated Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
DescriptionAssists in the preparation, review, and administration of contractual proposals relating to construction projects. Responsible for preparing bids and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, manpower, or other construction services. Secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard company procedures are followed. Examine and evaluate purchase orders, and/or other legal documentation for new project work in the Chicago metropolitan area. Review all project contract documentation to identify project risk and cost concerns. Mitigate project risk/cost through implementation of contract amendments, clarifications, and exceptions. Execute contracts through procurement of required company signatures. Evaluate performance/payment bond requests and certificates of insurance (provided by third party) for projects. Manage other required project documentation in conjunction with internal office resources and corporate legal department.
Participate in proposal activities, as assigned intermittently by supervisor. Review customer bid requests for project risk and concerns. Process required bid bond requests. Retain and update original project contract documentation for record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong negotiation, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- 1-2 years of experience in contract administration or in a related area preferred.
- Applicant should have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field. Effective writing skills, teamwork, legal compliance, understanding of contracts desired.