Elementary Teaching Assistant- BostonBookmark This
After School Elementary Tutor (K-5)
BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life) is a nonprofit organization that partners with schools to expand learning time for struggling students in grades K-8. Our summer and after school programs combine rigorous academic instruction, social and cultural enrichment, and parent and community engagement. At BELL, students gain the academic skills, self-confidence, and determination they need to succeed in school and in life. Because we recognize the extraordinary potential of all children, we recognize them as scholars.
BELLs approach is powerful and transformative for scholars, families, and schools. Research shows that expanded learning time – particularly in the summer – is one of the most effective strategies for boosting student achievement and eliminating opportunity and achievement gaps. BELL works closely with parents, teachers, and principals to target students in under-resourced schools who need more time for learning the most. Our team of educators delivers data-driven instruction aligned to in-school learning. Hands-on enrichment courses in the sciences, creative arts, and leadership and character development, coupled with field trips and service projects, reinforce academic skills and inspire scholars to pursue future college and career goals.
BELL is currently serving 15,000 scholars in partnership with 98 schools across eight states. We are pursuing an ambitious growth plan to reach even more scholars, schools, and communities. We have earned recognition as an exemplary nonprofit organization by the Social Innovation Fund at the Corporation for National and Community Service, as a Social Capitalist Award winner by Fast Company Magazine, and as a member of the SI 100, the nations first index of top-performing nonprofits.
Join our Team
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential – that all children can be scholars? Do you want to work with educators who share your belief, and who are committed to delivering the best learning experiences possible for the scholars who need them most? BELL is the place for you! Join BELL to teach, enrich, inspire, and transform children into scholars.
BELL is a growing, mission-driven organization with a strong commitment to serving scholars, families, and schools. Our talented and diverse team is comprised of individuals with a variety of backgrounds who share BELLs mission and who work tirelessly to see it through. We seek qualified, driven, and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Work with BELL and change the world, one scholar at a time.
* Implementing collaborative teaching strategies with academic and/or enrichment teachers to a cluster of scholars
* Supporting the development and delivery of relevant, engaging, and rigorous lessons
* Ensuring the academic and social development of scholars throughout the course of the program
* Serving as a role model for an assigned group of scholars
* Working with teachers to identify scholar needs and develop instructional plans and practices to best support scholars
* Monitoring scholars educational and social progress and making necessary recommendations for adjustments
* Supporting classroom and behavior management consistently to develop a safe and productive learning environment
* Maintaining attendance and supporting classroom procedures/functions
* Supervising scholars during classroom transitions and snack
* Assisting in field trips and special events
* Academic skills – proficiency in elementary math and literacy
* Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
* Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse populations
* Desire to work with elementary scholars and their families in under-resourced communities
* Outstanding verbal, written, and technological (computer/internet) skills
* Ability to build relationships and influence scholars, staff, community members families
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Committed to the goals of the program and approach
* Love and respect for children
* Evidence of efficacy and willingness to be a team player
* Belief and commitment to BELLs mission and values
* Experience working with school age children in an urban environment preferred
* High school diploma required
* Gain hands-on experience developing and implementing lessons with certified teachers
* Develop collaborative and co-teaching strategies
* Utilize data-driven and differentiated instructional techniques
* Deliver lessons with high-quality and rigorous curriculum
* Work with experienced staff in implementing positive discipline strategies
* Engage in best practices to support achievement in under-resourced communities
* Gain experience relationship building with scholars, staff professionals, and families
This is a seasonal position and will not be eligible for benefits.,