Agricultural Investment AnalystBookmark This
Prudential Agricultural Investments (“PAI”) is a business unit of Prudential Mortgage Capital Co., a subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. Capital Agricultural Property Services, Inc. (“CAPS”) is a division of PAI.
Prudential Agricultural Investments has a total debt and equity portfolio of over $3.1 billion and is one of the leading service providers of asset and farm management in the U.S. The CAPS group has an opening for an Agricultural Investment Analyst in our Memphis, TN office.
The Analyst duties include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the business evaluation of agricultural properties for acquisitions, real estate sales, and management
- Participate in the acquisition due diligence process including on-site inspections;
- Manage new and existing properties within the CAPS management portfolio;
- Evaluate assets in the existing agricultural portfolio to enhance value;
- Become active in selected trade associations;
- Conduct various industry research and analysis projects; and,
- Be an integral team member in the annual budgeting and quarterly reporting processes.
- Work towards obtaining a real estate license.
There is also an opportunity to work with both the farm management and lending business units.
The individual we are seeking must be highly motivated with a blend of several talents including excellent analytical, research, and communication skills as well as an ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks. In addition to the analytical skill set, the individual must have good interpersonal skills and exhibit leadership qualities, major characteristics for advancing as an Investment Professional. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment. Some travel may be required.
A) B.S. or Masters Degree in business, agricultural finance, economics, or equivalent curriculum required.
B) Experience in production agriculture, ranching, dairy, or other agricultural business is preferable.
C) Strong research, data gathering, and organization skills.
D) Proficiency with MS Office applications.