Agricultural Sciences - Plant Science Internship - Spring 2015Bookmark This
Disney Professional Internships
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Agricultural Sciences - Plant Science Internship - Spring 2015
The Land® Pavilion at Epcot®
Company Overview: Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL has grown to feature four theme parks - the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. In addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the Downtown Disney Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Department Overview: Develop new skills in your area of expertise, broaden your knowledge base, and enhance your communication and guest service abilities while working for one of the most recognized and respected companies in the world. The Plant Science Disney Professional Internship is designed to provide qualified college students with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience in the unique agricultural greenhouses that are part of the Living with the Land attraction at Epcot. These interns are part of the Agricultural Sciences team that brings the excitement of agriculture to millions of Epcot Guests each year.
* Maintain a high-quality greenhouse show of over 150 hydroponically-grown food crops from all over the globe. Propagate, transplant, irrigate, prune and harvest a wide variety of plants.
* Provide show-quality maintenance and general cleanup: washing, raking and sweeping greenhouse areas.
* Lead daily informative and interactive Guest tours through the greenhouses, labs and aquaculture facility.
* Participate in training sessions, classes and meetings, as scheduled./li>
* Staff the Behind the Seeds Tour desk at Epcot to promote the tour, sign Guests up for the tour, sell plant-related merchandise and answer general Guest questions.
You must meet the basic qualification in order to apply for the internship:
* College student or recent college graduate. Graduate students are not eligible for this internship.
* Minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
* Applicable background and/ or major in Plant Science, Horticulture, Food Crops, Biology, etc.
* Strong interest in working with food crops in greenhouses.
* Ability to interact with Walt Disney World® Resort guests and cast members.
* Team player with demonstrated verbal communication skills, work ethic, reliable transportation, and willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
Job Posting Industries
Leisure and Travel
* Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
* Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
* College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload these documents:
* Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
* Click the link labeled "edit profile info"
* Click on the "Attachments" Tab
* Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
* Select document type of "Other"
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail email@example.com.
* Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must provide full work availability
* Must provide own transportation to/from work
* Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Please Note: You may be contacted after your application has been reviewed to turn in additional support materials. If you have any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2015 through June 2015. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation - Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.