Allstate Data Science InternBookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
2775 N. Sanders Rd.
DescriptionAllstate Data Science Intern Do you enjoy problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and technology? Are you interested in working in a collaborative, friendly environment? If so, we invite you to consider a summer internship at Allstate with the Quantitative Research and Analytics team! In QRA, we use mathematical, statistical, and machine-learningtechniques to assist in the research and development of pricing and economic models, data-visualization apps, and decision-making tools. We build products and knowledge to help business leaders, agents, and customers make better, data-driven decisions.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer or physical science).
- Pursuit of a graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve problems, think critically, and communicate clearly.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning, mathematical optimization, and/or data mining
- Experience with programming.
- An understanding of algorithmic scaling and complexity a plus.
- Experience with big-data tools (e.g. hadoop) a plus.