Alternative Products Operations AssociateBookmark This
Prudential Fixed Income, one of the largest fixed income managers in the US, is seeking an Alternative Products Operations Associate with strong knowledge of fixed income products.
Job responsibilities include:
- Being the primary on-site operations point of contact for activities for each of the CDO’s supported by the Alternative Products Team.
- Having some knowledge of CDO operations support and/or products supported.
- Reconciling holdings on a monthly basis between our internal record keeping system, CDO record keeping system and the Trustee for each deal.
- Ensure that security data is up to date in our internal CDO record keeping system.
- Working with the Trustees of each deal to verify the information in the Monthly Trustee Report that is provided to clients.
- Assuming ownership for operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that is seamless regardless of which operational areas are impacted.
- Quickly learn current processes by leveraging the tools available to help identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Developing an understanding of the fixed income trading business and sharing knowledge with operations teams in order to increase service levels.
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and derivatives preferred
- Willingness and desire to learn and teach others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.