Health Outcomes AnalystBookmark This
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
The analyst provides methods development, testing and documentation activities related to Enterprise performance metrics such as drug mix, cost and clinical program outcomes. The Analyst will develop subject matter expertise in key areas and provide support to other analytic teams on methods and appropriate application of standard calculations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create methodologies to address measurement of Pharmacy Benefit Management performance
- Develop and test methods against the Enterprise Data Warehouse using SQL or SAS tools.
- Document calculations and standards for company use through online data dictionaries, training presentations and ongoing subject matter expertise.
- Partner with business units who present methodologies to clients and senior management to understand needs for accurate and understandable reporting output.
- Work cross-functionally with reporting delivery team to create technical design specifications for client and internal reporting deliverables. Required Qualifications:
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in working with administrative claims data such as pharmacy or medical claims. *Working knowledge of health care industry products/services and operations. *Ability to present to internal partners and clients regarding methods and calculations. *Attention to detail and quality assurance on code and output *Excellent ability to multi-task and meeting project timelines. *Strong technical skills. Ability to write SQL or SAS against large administrative claims databases *Strong communication skills both in oral presentations and written documentation *Strong SAS experience required and SQL experience preferred. * Experienced with Microsoft Office Applications especially Excel and PowerPoint Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with clinical outcomes study design. Education:
Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business or related quantative field; Advanced degree preferred. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.