Analyst DataBookmark This
Posted: 833 days ago
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
The Data Analyst, Enterprise Analytics Research provides comprehensive programming and data management support to a team of epidemiologists and health care services and outcomes researchers, on projects to determine the overall value of CVS Caremark products and services and investigate clinical and epidemiologic research questions of interest to CVS Caremark. The Analyst is responsible for the construction and quality assurance of comprehensive datasets of pharmacy and medical claims and other internal and external sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assess internal and external project scope and data needs.
• Develop specifications for the creation of analytic databases and analytic reports.
• Construct analytic datasets and reports to the specifications, via efficient programming, data storage and quality control techniques.
• Lead projects and set the direction of the data acquisition and management activities with minimal support from other researchers. Use appropriate levels of guidance from supervisors or more senior colleagues to meet the demands of the request. The end products are pre-defined, but the process of completing tasks is self-determined.
• Effectively communicate analytic results through tabular and graphic displays, presentations, and written reports.
• Complete tasks and manage deadlines according to schedule. Required Qualifications:
Minimum of 3 years industry or related experience. The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics: Advanced proficiency with analytic programming and data management techniques and software, specifically with SAS and SQL Proficient in analyzing large administrative pharmacy and/or medical claims databases Developed ability to use various PC software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint Understanding of epidemiologic and/or health services research design and methods Understanding of the PBM business and healthcare issues Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with technical, research, and business partners Proficiency in the management of time, flexibility, and influencing colleagues to meet demanding project timelines. Preferred Qualifications:
At least 3 years research and programming experience. Academic experience will be considered. Education:
Bachelor's degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, biotstatistics, health economics, pharmacy, mathematics, computer science or related field. Advanced degree strong preferred. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.