Analyst InternBookmark This
NewSpace Global, LLC (“NSG”) is a for-profit startup that brings critical information on the commercial space (or “NewSpace”) industry to its customers, so they can make better-informed decisions. We maintain three live indices tracking over 500 companies and, through our Observer database, provide company-by-company information and analysis for every privately-held company on the indices. We also publish a monthly market tracking report called Thruster and run the daily news source NewSpace Watch. NSG’s current customers include investment funds, Fortune 500s, high net worth individuals, major universities, students, entrepreneurs, law firms, consultants, government agencies, and conference organizers. NewSpace Global has been featured by CNN, CNBC, Fox News, Le Temps, USA Today, Euromoney, Millionaire Asia, Le Monde, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and Huffington Post. For more information, please visit us at www.newspaceglobal.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
The NewSpace Global Analyst Team is looking for highly motivated, sharp, detail-oriented analyst interns to help maintain and grow our extensive NSG Indices, which track over 400 companies in the NewSpace industry. We strongly prefer that you receive college credit, but this isn’t a deal-breaker if you’re the right candidate.
We operate out of a “virtual office”, so you’ll be working from the comfort of your own home. This means you must be focused, organized, good at time management and flexible with impeccable follow-through. This also means that you must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Also, we’re a startup, so you should expect an entrepreneurial environment, be able to handle change gracefully, be prepared to ask lots of questions and give your input, and be fun to work with.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter that describes (a) why you wish to work at NewSpace Global, (b) why you’ll be able to work well remotely, and (c) your specific availability. The position is unpaid, but a successful intern will gain valuable hands-on experience, glowing professional recommendations and academic credit (if applicable). We highly value our interns and many decide to continue working with us after their internships end.
Responsibilities1. Support Analyst Team
2. Report directly to Analyst
3. Regularly analyze the managerial, financial, business, and technical viability of NSG-tracked companies. Keep NewSpace Global indices current.
4. Assist Tech Team to improve web interface for tracking companies
5. Call industry executives to update analysis
6. Interface and inform contributors and editorial team of NewSpace Global’s monthly market tracking report, Thruster.
7. Minimum 10 hours per week (flexible hours)
Requirements1. Highly organized, meticulous, with strong time management and prioritization skills
2. Able to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
3. Excellent research skills and communication skills
4. Familiarity with web-based productivity and communication tools including Google Docs, Google Calendar and Skype
5. At least pursuing an undergraduate degree from reputable university. Preferred areas of specialization: engineering, physics, finance, business, mathematics
6. If technical background, willingness to learn basic language of finance/business; if business background, willingness to learn basic language of aerospace engineering
7. Warm and articulate phone presence