Analyst, Operational Risk ManagementBookmark This
DescriptionResponsibilities include resolving challenging, sensitive, and/or urgent risk issues. This position requires resourcefulness, good judgment, persistence, the ability to influence others, and strong leadership qualities. Responsibilities generally include a mixture of long-term initiatives, ad hoc requests, issues, and ongoing Risk Management responsibilities. The position provides exposure across the Financial Management Community, allowing associates build on their prior experiences and become a resource for the broader risk community in specific areas of expertise.
- Conduct Risk Assessments of major business initiatives, new products and strategies to ensure appropriate controls are implemented
- Identify, research, evaluate, and/or resolve Risk issues impacting the business including Sarbanes Oxley / Model Audit Rule.
- Review and analyze processes for compliance with regulatory requirements including Sarbanes Oxley / Model Audit Rule.
- Apply operational risk management techniques including, but not limited to: Risk and Control Self Assessment, Scenario Analysis, Loss Event Reporting, Model Risk Management, etc.
- Promote and build effective Risk Management culture throughout organization.
- Promote Risk Awareness throughout the organization; lead Risk training.
- Develop and provide regular senior management reporting.
- Proactively monitor and trend business processes.
- Conduct control reviews or gap analyses for existing processes, as needed, and ensure identified gaps are addressed.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following key qualifications:
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, curiosity, with an eagerness to learn.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to think critically and logically; creative problem solving and excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to navigate through ambiguous and/or complex issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, identify trends and recommend corrective course of action.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and bring them to resolution.
- Superior relationship management skills with ability to partner and build professional relationships in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong facilitator of group discussions.
- Excellent strategic leadership skills, act as an effective change leader.
- Strong team player; ability to partner across the organization and achieve results working through others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Control experience within a large financial institution. This includes, but is not limited to: auditing, compliance, operations management, or operational risk management.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and Model Audit Rule.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance liabilities, asset management and investment portfolio management.
- CPA designation highly desirable.
- College degree or equivalent experience.