Analytics Intern *** PLEASE APPLY TO WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
DescriptionExplore Internship Opportunities at American Student Assistance® (ASA)
Internships at ASA® are professional learning experiences that provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to gain invaluable work experience. These are paid internships that offer a variety of positions throughout the company during the academic year and summer:
Academic-Year Internship Program: runs from September through April
Summer Internship Program: runs from June through August
When applying, please state your Internship Program preference.
American Student Assistance® (ASA) seeks an energetic undergraduate intern to join our Analytics team. The Analytics Intern will be working on analysis and reporting related to customer data, segmentation and marketing campaigns support for SALTTM, a membership program that was created to help students take charge of their finances during college and beyond. Our interns attend staff meetings, and contribute to marketing, social media and product development strategy, as well as work and meet with fellow interns for skill development projects and events throughout the program.
Responsibilities•Perform ad hoc analysis on member data, finding trends in the data.
•Create standardized reports, documentation, and assist end users.
•Generate segments and contact lists for marketing campaigns and analyze results to refine future activities.
•Develop analytical or segmentation models on the data using various methodologies.
•Communicate and present the results to management and stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Participate in ASA’s professional development programs for interns.
•Participate in Marketing & Product Development strategy meetings.
•Participate in focus groups to provide constructive end user point of view, opinions and feedback on Marketing and Product.
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
• working towards a Bachelor’s degree in business/ marketing/economics and/or mathematics/ computer science, or equivalent work experience.
• 1+ year of experience working with SQL required.
• Working knowledge of Excel and Data Warehouse concepts required.
• Understanding of analytics models required (regression analysis/ clustering/decision trees).
• Experience with statistical software such as SPSS or SAS.Microsoft ReportBuilder, SSRS or Access.
• Ability to self-motivate, solve problems.
• Familiarity with saltmoney.org, blog.saltmoney.org and asa.org preferred.
• Passion about higher education or non-profit marketing is always a plus!