Application System Analyst/Programmer (Days / Full Time)Bookmark This
St Josephs Hospital & Med Center
350 West Thomas Rd
DescriptionAbout This Position
Join us NOW as we are seeking a PHYSICIAN BILLING SOFTWARE SUPPORT ANALYST-IDX in our PHYSICIAN BUSINESS SERVICES DEPARTMENT! This position will provide technical and functional support of GE Centricity / IDX FlowCast Practice Management System used by a multi-specialty physician group practice in a teaching facility setting.
Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph"s Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
- Providing application support to end users and responding to end-user requests for assistance ("help-desk" requests)
- Updating and maintaining GE Centricity Practice Management System dictionaries, PCS workfiles, claim forms, schedules, TES rules, Security roles, DBMS queries/reports, encounter forms, form letters, and interfaces
- Troubleshooting issues and resolving problems
- Developing, testing, documenting and implementing solutions and enhancements to meet user needs
- Organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating tasks, workflow, and projects
- Participating in project teams tasked with implementing new modules/functionality, and system upgrades
- Developing training tools (manuals, tip sheets, process flow documents), coordinating and conducting end-user training in all system modules to include patient in-take processes (i.e. scheduling, referrals) through Accounts Receivable processes (i.e. claim generation, payment posting)
- Previous experience with healthcare billing in a provider or hospital setting
- Vocational Training in area of specialty is required; BS degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- (3) Three years information services programming or analysis experience
- Physician Practice Management and/or Physician Billing Office experience required
- Must demonstrate a consistent, cooperative attitude and provide customer service in a professional and patient manner
- GE Centricity (IDX) proficiency a plus
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph"s Hospital and Medical Center is a 450+ bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph"s includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph"s Heart & Lung Institute, the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph"s, and St. Joseph"s Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph"s among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph"s boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph"s, a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children"s Hospital, and a partnership with The University of Arizona Cancer Center.
Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph"s was the first hospital in the Phoenix, area. More than 117 years later, St. Joseph"s remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
St. Joseph"s is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona"s healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona"s Most Admired Companies
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
For the health of our community ... we are proud to announce that we are a tobacco-free campus.