Apprentice Installer for Drapery, Shades and BlindsBookmark This
Window Treats Inc.
Red Bank, NJ
DescriptionThe primary function of the Window Fashions Installer – Apprentice is to learn the steps to accurately measure, install and troubleshoot installations of Hunter Douglas blinds, shades and shutters. The installer apprentice will act as an ambassador for Window Treats Inc while ensuring complete customer satisfaction by thoroughly measuring, the installation and the adjustment of all window treatments.
Window Treats Inc’s specialty is custom window treatments including: shades, blinds, draperies, and shutters. We are the company designers, decorators and architects come to for their most difficult jobs, the high windows, non standard shapes, highly customized design, home automation integration and motorization. We can manage your project from start to finish, from a consultation to assess your needs, designing, measuring, fabrication, and installation. We are well known for our attention to detail and unmatched service. All our work is guaranteed and we will service your window treatments long after they have been installed. Designers and architects have applauded our friendly team and reliable work.
For more information about Window Treats Inc see our website: www.customdraperyandshades.com
Responsibilities• Install or assist primary installer- Laying out and organizing products on site. In completing installation of drapery, shades, blinds and shutters in residential homes, commercial and construction environments to customer and manufacturer’s specifications.
• Organization – Maintain proper upkeep of all tools and equipment, organization of Hunter Douglas brackets, parts and pieces for stock in truck.
• Abide – by Window Treats Inc dress code at all times.
• Ensure – Review product shipments for proper installation parts prior to leaving the store.
• Provide – Install temporary paper pleated shades as necessary.
• Relationship Building – Servicing, maintaining, and increasing existing business by developing trusted relationships with existing and new clients. Enhance company name and reputation with every customer interaction. Provide confirmation of product selection to fit specific needs or requirement of project. Show consideration for the customer’s home, children and pets. Provide installation folder and review with customer upon installation completion.
• Training- Participates in product knowledge training seminars to facilitate the sale and accurate representation of Hunter Douglas product offerings for the purpose of accurate job estimates and costs. Update and use relevant knowledge to keep up to date technically and applying knowledge. Be an active member of the Hunter Douglas Professional Installer Program working toward or holding the designation of Certified Professional Installer. Identify and provide training recommendations for oneself.
• Building Teams- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members. Establish and maintain effective relationships with all employees in our personnel by using fact and sensitivity to the needs of others.
Requirements• Adaptability – Ability to perform a variety of tasks and being able to change assignment or direction on short notice.
• Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Oral Comprehension and Expression - Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs. Read a tape measure to 1/16” accuracy.
• Mathematics- Using mathematics to solve problems and complete accurate job measures.
• Time Management- Managing one’s own time.
• Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate.
• Service Orientation- Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Decision Making and Problem Solving –Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assess alternative courses of action, and makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information.
• High Energy – Establish and maintain high activity levels. Must be fast, eager to learn and willing to accept new responsibilities.
• Initiative and Motivation – Actively tries to influence events to achieve objectives and goals. Self-starter who works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance.
• Organization – Can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks.
• Independence – Takes action based on personal conviction and intuition. Does not rely solely on the opinion of others to guide them.
• Planning – Establishes course of action, allocates resources, uses time efficiently, and is personally well organized. Dedication to detail and quality “the first time”.
• Resilience – Maintains effectiveness and positive attitude in the face of disappointment or rejection.
• Cooperation – Works well with others, takes time to help customers and co-workers achieve their objectives and goals.
• Characteristics – Integrity, honesty, trustworthy and possessing a strong work ethic. Outgoing and personable.
• Experience – Previous window treatment installation experience is desired, but not a requirement. Must understand use of hardware, hand tools and tools specific to requirements of position.