Aqua Aerobics Instructor Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Position Type: Part-Time
FLSA: Hourly (Non Exempt)
This position will provide water aerobics instruction, monitor, educate patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants
• Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
• Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual's goals and interests while taking the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
• Report on the deck 10 minutes before the scheduled shift dressed appropriately.
• Agree to teach for an entire session.
• Take notes as needed on the strengths and weaknesses of each member as adjust instruction as needed to provide the optimal workout for each individual.
• Maintain control and safety of the class. Keep a watchful eye on everyone in the class.
• Exercise good judgment, competence in meeting the goals, objectives, needs and interest of the YMCA, the class as a whole and the individual student.
• Incorporate all five-program components: personal safety, water orientation/stroke development, water sports and games, rescue and personal growth.
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
• First Aid
• O2 Administration
• Swim Instructor training (Preferred)