Assembly Technology Development Reliability InternBookmark This
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond being a company that makes the worlds best chips to one that also delivers wonderful experiences for people.
With help from talented employees like you, we will tightly integrate hardware, software and services into compelling experiences in pursuit of our vision. This decade we will create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
Evaluates, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties and techniques used in production. Advises design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems. Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Determines reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives. Develops new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product reliability. Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems. May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience can be obtained through a combination of prior education, current Ph.D. course work, projects, research and any relevant prior job/internships.
This is aninternship position for a student working towards a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics.
- Demonstrated strength in technical and analytical problem solving
- Critical performance skills include intolerance of mediocrity, self-initiative to take action and be the best, the ability to interpret and clearly communicate achieved results to a wide range of audiences, demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Mature, self-assured, disciplined, well organized and ability to manage tasks and time to ensure that business needs are met while striking a sustainable work and/or life balance. Must be able to extend influence and work across groups to lead solutions
- Experience in empirical data collection and statistical data analysis, reliability statistics, and design of experiments
- Familiarity with semiconductor packaging assembly operations and flip chip package failure modes and mechanisms would be an added advantage