Asset Allocation Research AnalystBookmark This
With more than $470 billion in assets under management, Fidelity’s Global Asset Allocation division (GAA) is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail and institutional clients. The range of investment solutions includes target date investing funds, active allocation strategies, managed accounts, financial planning frameworks and custom solutions.
Asset Allocation Research
The Asset Allocation Research Team (AART) consists of 8 research analysts and associates in Boston, Massachusetts reporting to the Director of Research. This team aggregates, synthesizes and conducts asset allocation research on behalf of the division. This process is a critical input to GAA’s investment performance.
Reporting to the Director of Research, the research analyst would be a key member of the Asset Allocation Research Team (AART). He/she would maintain and continue development of AART’s inflation and commodities models and investment research from both a secular and cyclical perspective. A strong knowledge of demographics, business cycle economics, industrial cycle analysis and leading indicators is required. Passion for combining macroeconomic and market insights into asset allocation recommendations is highly valued.
The analyst would be a critical thinker who is also a self-starter capable of working with large databases, econometric modeling, and programming to achieve actionable asset allocation conclusions. An advanced degree in economics or equivalent, a strong statistical and econometric background, and strong analytical skills are critical.
The analyst will need the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment. The analyst will be comfortable defending investment views in an environment of deliberation. The analyst would be able to translate analytical approaches into actionable asset allocation investment recommendations.
The position can be located at the company’s Boston or London headquarters.
Help portfolio managers and analysts across Fidelity, and GAA in particular, to understand global inflation and commodity trends.
· Maintain and build cyclical inflation models for the G20 economies.
· Build secular views of long-term inflation and commodity trends based on demographics, monetary policy, and fundamental analysis.
· Work with active asset allocation investment and research teams to build both strategic and dynamic asset allocation recommendations based on inflation and commodities work.
· Initiate timely and relevant ad hoc research pieces highlighting important macro or market developments.
· Leverage market-based information and fundamental analysis to inform commodity and inflation views.
· Provide systematic inflation, commodity and energy signals on a monthly basis, and collaborate with others within GAA to ensure that they are incorporated into asset allocation portfolio decisions.
· Work with strategic income product portfolio managers to provide explicit fixed income portfolio investment recommendations.
· Communicate research findings and investment views through regular meetings, reports, emails and one-on-one direct exchanges with portfolio managers and analysts.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with equity and fixed income PMs and analysts across the organization.
5-10 years financial services or economic analysis experience required
MS or Ph.D. in Economics or a related field required
Experience in asset allocation, economic strategy or inflation modeling desired
Team player with excellent interpersonal and project management skills
Record of success across projects of varying size/complexity required
Strong fundamental understanding of economic data required
Ability and confidence to work effectively in both independent and group settings
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Strong intellectual curiosity and strong personal and professional integrity
Commitment to building a career at Fidelity and within the Global Asset Allocation division
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Exempt