Assistant BuyerBookmark This
More information about this job:
The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyers in all product selection, price negotiation and purchasing decisions of the Merchandising Department. Manage formal communication i.e. purchase orders and changes thereon to vendor community.
- Process all purchase orders, including coding and communicating the information to vendors.
- Work with vendors and buyers to support negotiation of PO terms including cost.
- Update PO system for retail changes, cost changes and extension dates.
- Intermediary between buyers and vendors on issues including cancellation of orders.
- Maintain and update Open-to-buy/recap sheets daily, weekly and monthly.
- Communicate with Distribution Center on problems related to order shipping issues.
- Analyze reports and make recommendation for merchandise re-orders.
- Review all reports to update Buyers and GMM.
- Order price tickets to be sent to appropriate vendor.
- Answer vendor inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- One+ year experience in assistant buying or store management experience
- Buying internship required or store internship
- Prior retail experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment