Assistant General CounselBookmark This
DescriptionAssistant General Counsel-70049715-28692
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme.
At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health. Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company that is dedicated to improving health and driving back disease by making innovative medicines accessible to people around the world.
Our extensive research and development efforts encompass a wide range of therapeutic areas that are in line with public health issues, trends and the most pressing health needs.
Sanofi US, along with the other US affiliates, Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur, Merial and Chattem, employs more than 17,000 people across the country.
Assistant General Counsel:
Sanofi seeks an attorney with industry experience to join the legal department in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This position is responsible for providing support to Sanofi’s U.S. Oncology business and other activities in support of Sanofi’s marketed products.
- Drafts, negotiates and reviews licensing, consulting, advertising, grant, sponsorship, vendor and other agreements.
- Analyzes product promotional initiatives, advisory board proposals, and medical education initiatives for FCPA, fraud and abuse, FDA and other regulatory compliance.
- Ensures that interactions with patients and health care professionals comply with applicable legal requirements and company policies.
- Reviews and advises on press releases, web sites and other company communications.
- Works with clients to ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies, including Anti-kickback Statute and other US healthcare compliance laws and regulations, antitrust and FDA requirements.
- Position reports into the Vice President, U.S. Head of Health Law, Market Access Marketed Products.
- Occasional travel required
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and a license to practice
- A minimum of 7 years' experience within, or as counsel to, the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- A minimum of 3 years' experience providing advice on health law regulatory matters is required
- .Experience in an in-house corporate legal department (pharmaceutical, biotech or university)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills, sound judgment, and commitment to ethical conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to (i) understand and digest complex scenarios in order to identify relevant issues and risks, (ii) propose solutions that take into consideration the relevant business objectives, and (iii) communicate those issues, risks and solutions clearly and concisely to lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
- Ability to work independently and to be reliable, responsible, responsive and accountable.
- Team player with a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure.
Job : Legal
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2014, 4:13:08 PM
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular