Associate Actuary, Annuity PricingBookmark This
The Individual Annuities line of business is one of the fastest growing segments of Prudential. This position will be a key role in the Individual Annuities Pricing team, providing support for various pricing initiatives for the US variable annuity business and other initiatives.
This position will work closely with other members of the VA pricing team as well as other functions, which may include Hedging, Valuation, Finance and other lines of business. This role will give the candidate exposure to all aspects of the variable annuity pricing process.
Specifically, this position will have the following accountabilities:
- Provide support for various pricing initiatives, including the pricing of new variable annuity products and monitoring the profitability of new business
- Support the assumptions setting and monitoring process
- Proactively drive process and risk analysis improvements
- Collaborate with other members of the pricing team in creating solutions to complex problems and analyzing results
- Maintain controls and documentation
This position can be located in the following offices: Shelton, CT; Hartford, CT; Newark, NJ; Iselin, NJ
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation (ASA), with 3-5 years of actuarial experience, experience in annuities is a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including an ability to solve complex problems
- Strong Excel and VBA programming skills. Experience with Matlab is a plus
- Highly control-conscious mindset
- Ability to collaborate with a diversity of personalities and skill sets across the pricing team and other functions of our business
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently