Associate ActuaryBookmark This
DescriptionTitle: Associate Actuary - The Prudential Insurance Company of America - Newark, NJ
Duties: Work in the financial modeling unit of the Actuarial Analysis and Modeling (AAM) area of Individual Life Insurance. Manage projects and the Interest Sensitive life insurance models. Serve as Subject Matter Expert for MG-ALFA software. Perform regulatory modeling, including asset adequacy testing, the deterministic reserve calculation for Actuarial Guideline 38 - Section 8D, and projects related to principal-based reserves. Create, enhance, maintain, and run models using the MG-ALFA actuarial projection software. Responsible for the analysis of model results. Focus on the regulatory modeling of Interest Sensitive Individual Life Insurance products, but support other modeling teams such as Traditional Life Regulatory Modeling, Forecast, and Capital Management, as needed.
Education Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance or a related quantitative field plus 2 years of experience in the position offered or as a Senior Actuarial Associate, Actuarial Associate, Actuarial Programmer or related.
- A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in an acceptable field followed by 5 years of experience in the job offered or related is acceptable.
- Must have two (2) years of actuarial experience using MG-ALFA financial modeling software.
- Must have experience using pricing tools and pricing tables to validate individual life insurance models.
- Must have experience using valuation regulations and formulas to calculate reserves and to validate individual life insurance models.
- Must have experience with Interest Sensitive Life Products, Statutory Reserves, Tax Reserves, Actuarial Guideline 38 - Section 8D deterministic reserves and Cash Flow Testing.
- Must have experience with the following tools: Excel, Microsoft Access, and Visual Basic Application.
- Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
To apply please go to jobs.prudential.com
Click on Search Jobs
Enter job code in Keyword Search