Associate Actuary ~ Individual Annuity Financial ModelingBookmark This
The individual will be an integral part of the Individual Annuity Financial Modeling the Annuities Actuarial department. This team is responsible for creating, developing, and researching financial models to support various functions of the individual annuities business. The various functions include: Statutory GAAP valuation modeling, Planning Forecast, Asset Liability Management, Asset Adequacy Testing, Capital Planning and Analysis, and other functions. It is a very dynamic team and its functions are critical to the success of individual annuities business.
The individual in this role will be responsible for:
- Develop models for new initiatives and/or new regulatory requirements
- Maintain existing models
- Understand business aspect of the model
- Ad hoc research and development
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Strong programming experience with any financial modeling software is required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong financial/modeling knowledge - GAAP STAT required, SOP 03-01, ALM is desired
- Must be resourceful and proactive in resolving questions/problems.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of audience
- At least 3 to 5 years or experience in the insurance industry (i.e. life, annuities retirements).
- Analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to develop and learn.
- Able to work in a team environment and ability to manage.
- Actuarial credentials – ASA or FSA