Help Desk AssociateBookmark This
Teach For America
New York, NY
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute directly to the technical support experience for a large, distributed organization! As a Help Desk Associate you will support 13000+ external users of our extranet portal and other key internal applications, ensuring that Teach For America staff members have the technology necessary to achieve "one day". We are looking for candidates who love technology and who are oriented to and passionate about customer service. The Help Desk Associate will work on a variety of technical issues and provide high quality customer support to clients (internal and external). This position will work to ensure that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded in terms of performance and defined metrics and benchmarks. It is also critical that they follow standards and processes to provide effective customer service and meet / exceed expectations.
1. Provides technical support primarily on our internally-developed applications to the organization through email, phone, walk-ups, and chat.
2. Ensures appropriate and accurate escalation of incidents that require resolution by other IT groups beyond the Service Desk
3. Assists in the on-boarding and training of new employees
4. Documents all issues and requests in our service management system, Service Now.
5. Regularly contributes articles for internal and external audiences in our growing Knowledge Base available on Service Now and the intranet.
6. Collaborates with others on the Enterprise Support Group to promote, brand, and market our support services.
7. Routinely analyzes tickets and issues to assess and make recommendations for being more proactive in supporting the organization.
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks where we get together to eat and explore each other’s cultures and favorite recipes. Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- 0-3 years in a technical support environment with heavy emphasis on quality customer service
- Ability to communicate with empathy, collaboration and efficiency
- Passion for supporting customers and dedication to constantly improving the support experience
- Understand the value in empowering users to self-service questions through proactive support tactics
- Knowledge of Windows XP/Windows 7 in a managed desktop environment
- Plus: knowledge of Mac, smartphones, mobile devices
- Plus: knowledge of Service Now