Associate, Corporate Development & Business (M&A/Strategic Investments)Bookmark This
DescriptionResponsible for the evaluation, management, and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic investments in support of the strategic objectives for the enterprise.
Manage deal processes, from intake / evaluation through execution, and interact with senior executives to execute transactions. Create analyses to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives across the company and reporting on BCBSM's strategic and alternative investment portfolio. Perform industry research to identify and/or emphasize opportunities within existing lines of business. Develop financial models and valuation scenarios for potential transactions. Coordinate and implement due diligence for potential transactions. Develop presentations to communicate investment conclusions and updates for senior executives and the board of directors. Evaluate category trends, capability needs, and competitive dynamics. Identify key medium and long-term strategic initiatives to improve operational performance and competitive positioning. Work on high-level projects with other divisions and senior management, including the CFO. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Four (4) to six (6) years experience in related field with extensive background in financial analysis and reporting (internal/external).
- One (1) to four (4) years experience working for an investment banking firm or in the transaction support services group of a public accounting firm is preferred. Experience should include qualifying potential targets, building financial models, writing memoranda, being involved in negotiations, and managing the due diligence process.
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a team environment.
- Experience making presentations to senior management and/or board of directors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial information to financial and non-financial individuals.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving skills and the ability to identify and analyze accounting and business issues.
- Subject matter expert with high degree of technical expertise in area of specialty (e.g., M&A Process, Investment Analysis, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively interface with various levels of management internally and as well as contacts outside the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial operations including functions, activities and systems.
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.