Associate Disability Claims ExaminerBookmark This
The goal of the Disability Claim Manager is to efficiently and effectively direct disability claims toward the appropriate outcome while providing superior customer service and early intervention in the disability cycle to prevent short term impairments from becoming long term disabilities. The Disability Claim Manager is a multi-dimensional position whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Heavy written and verbal communication with a diverse population of customers, including claimants with physical and mental impairments, physicians, attorneys, benefit representatives, other healthcare providers, and internal/external clients.
* Facilitate the technical aspects of the claim and appropriately apply the legal and contractual provisions
* Validate payment period, follow up and monitors payment accuracy and timeliness
* Understand and correctly utilize the appropriate systems.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and communication skills demonstrated in previous work experience
- Proven skills in positive and effective interaction with challenging customers
- Experience in effectively meeting/exceeding individual professional expectations and team goals
- Demonstrated analytical and skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- High level of flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organizations
- PC skills preferred (i.e., Windows based environment)
- College degree and prior claim experience preferred.