Associate Engineer - Turbine VibrationBookmark This
Entry Level position that performs routine technical work requiring application of standard engineering or scientific techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out tasks. Has basic knowledge of vibration analysis of rotating equipment and structures Uses technical judgment in the area of rotating equipment and structural vibration analysis including testing, problem solving, technical support and engineering analysis for power plant machinery and structural (e.g. piping and foundations) vibration problems and design projects. Typical assignments are in the form of design, problem solving, and technical support for the optimum operation and maintenance of company assets in mechanical engineering (particularly vibration analysis) and related sciences or disciplines. Performs vibration tests of power plant rotating equipment and structures under direction of engineer in the plants or in the Laboratory under the direction of the ESO Vibration Technical Specialist.
- Performs analysis of vibration data, determines rotating equipment and/or structure condition based on vibration analysis and provides input for problem resolution in the form of recommendations.
- Performs vibration data acquisition for condition assessment and/or problem analysis of rotating equipment and structures under guidance of experienced engineers/technicians.
- Is involved with special test set-ups and data acquisitions as necessary to determine cause of vibration related problems.
- Work with different engineering disciplines and groups including, but not limited to ESO personnel, Plant personnel, OEM's and AE firms.
- Keeps abreast of current and developing technology.
- Assists in making recommendations and presentations to management.
- Maintains documentation and writes reports detailing findings of tests and analysis.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Experience with rotating equipment, noise, harshness, vibration (nvh) measurement and analysis is preferred.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and vendors' software applications as required.
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Candidate should be familiar with the operation and use of frequency spectrum analyzers, dynamic data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates who, in their resume or profile, have experience working with vibration analysis of rotating equipment.
- Must be able to respond to off-hours assignments.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.