Broker Trainee Program (AFSP) - Englewood, COBookmark This
Description**We believe that**, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. **We are driven** by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. **We respect** and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. **We challenge** conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. **We champion** our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. **We hire** optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are currently offering the opportunity for dynamic and engaging individuals to join our Client Service & Support (CS&S;) team. CS&S; is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. CS&S; is a team of financial services professionals who provide guidance and solutions to help our retail clients take charge of their futures. We build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service one connection at a time. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a commitment to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals. Schwab provides extensive training and internal support that affords employees the opportunity to be successful in service delivery.
Our Service Professionals inspire client loyalty by being the “voice of Schwab” for our clients, supporting and complementing our Branch partners who are the “face of Schwab”. Our team members handle over 9.5 million client calls annually allowing us the opportunity to build personalized relationships with each client through meaningful dialogue. In turn, our clients have entrusted us with $2.31 trillion in assets and 9.2 million active brokerage accounts. _Results like this don’t just happen, they are earned! We are honored to have earned the trust and relationships we have with our clients._
**What you’ll do:**
As an Associate Financial Service Professional (Broker Trainee Program - AFSP) you will have an opportunity to:
* Demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem-solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients via the phone, handling approximately 30 to 60 inbound calls per day (this is a phone based relationship with clients)
* Utilize a cross section of technology and business experts within Schwab to identify efficient and effective methods to serve the spectrum of client needs
* Through active listening and open ended dialogue, partner with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their financial needs
* Collaborate with internal business partners and team members to resolve complex client inquiries, and develop knowledge of Schwab products and services
* Assist Schwab clients in navigating our website, respond to client inquiries including account servicing, and field inquiries related cost basis and product knowledge support
* Engage in ongoing training and professional development activities focused on enhancing your technical skills and expanding your knowledge base
* *_Upon licensing, you will fully perform the duties of a Financial Service Consultant; your client conversations may also include:_
* Actively listen to clients, identify opportunities to introduce Schwab offerings and guide them to the proper solutions
* Engage clients in discussions involving market conditions and trends, provide investment information and education to clients, as well as place trades
* Respond to research requests from clients, discuss financial products that meet their needs and proactively uncover business development opportunities
* Our Service Professionals Incentive Compensation program rewards, excellent client service and profitable revenue growth. All Schwab employees have the ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance.
**What you have:**
* Demonstrated passion for providing top tier service and support to Schwab clients
* Strong interest in interacting with clients while effectively engaging in quality conversations in order to establish credible relationships
* Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity with the ability to build trust with clients
* Respect for fellow employees and leveraging the power of teamwork
* The ability and desire to develop positive working relationships
* Active listening skills and ability to explain complicated subjects
* Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
* A diverse background / work experience including: volunteer activities, internships, professional organizations, school activities, school organizations, unpaid work experience, or other roles which may or may not be industry related
* Technically savvy including proficiency in MS Office and the aptitude to learn new programs, as well as easily utilize multiple applications simultaneously in a dual screen environment
* Successfully pass and obtain Series 7 and 63 licenses within 180 days of beginning Series 7 class
*In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following preferred qualifications:*
* Bachelor’s degree
* Experience in brokerage services, banking, operations, client support, call center, hospitality, or retail
**Position Location: **
This role is located in the Schwab office at 9401 E. Panorama Circle in Englewood,CO. This office is in the Denver Tech Center, at I-25 and Dry Creek, near the RTD Light Rail line and Park Meadows Mall.
**What you’ll get:**
* Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions;
* Fair, competitive pay that rewards firm and employee performance;
* Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts; Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer;
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships;
* The opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
### Broker Trainee Program
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law**.**
*Relocation Offered?:* No
*Work Schedule:* Weekends, Any Shift, Evenings, Days
*Languages:* English - spoken
*Current Licenses / Certifications:* None
*Relevant Work Experience:* Campus Programs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
*Position Located In:* CO - Lone Tree, CO - Englewood, CO - Denver
*Job Type:* Full Time
*Job ID:* 0429-17345