Associate II, Capital Markets - Boston, MABookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
RBS Citizens Capital Markets Group is seeking experienced Associates in Boston, MA to support the team's senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing debt capital markets transactions to support acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, restructurings and short/long term refinancings. The Associate's responsibilities will require significant transaction involvement, from origination through closing, and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Associate will play a critical role on deal teams and coordinating projects and will interact directly with Managing Directors, senior management, other groups within RBS Citizens, client management teams, private equity firms, legal counsel, and professionals at other banks. The Associate will also be responsible for supervising and developing analyst level bankers.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing leveraged finance / loan syndications group with market leading positions in middle market corporate and financial sponsor backed transactions. Through this experience the Associate will gain insight into the issues and considerations for management teams and shareholders at growing middle market companies, and exposure to strategic, financial and capital decision making. The Associate will also develop direct relationship management responsibilities through interactions with current and prospective clients and professionals at other banks and private equity firms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Managing Directors and client Relationship Managers to develop new business ideas, pitch strategies or transaction financing scenarios to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Coordinating with Managing Directors to provide indicative transaction structure and pricing guidance based on financial model and comparable transaction analysis
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Supporting Portfolio / Relationship Managers in transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval meetings to provide detailed overviews on clients and transactions and offer market insights and advice
- Playing a key leadership role throughout the transaction execution process
- Participating in accounting, business and legal due diligence (with drafting sessions for public offerings)
- Working with legal counsel and clients / financial sponsors to draft and negotiate all legal documentation
- Working with sales distribution team to develop syndication strategies with targeted investor lists and populate and manage data room information and access
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and lender presentations
- Organizing Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Roadshows for private and public debt offerings
- Coordinating with sales distribution team to answer lender due diligence questions
- Assisting clients, internal operations team and investors through the closing process
This opportunity carries a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus based on individual and firm achievement.
General requirements include:
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to immediately contribute to the group based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge
Background qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a leading university. All concentrations considered given level of industry experience
- MBA a strong plus, but not required given level of experience
- Attendance in a formal investment or corporate banking training program preferred, but not required
- 4years of direct experience with proven client interaction and Debt Capital Markets, Loan Syndications, Leveraged Finance, MA, Mezzanine Debt, or Equity Capital Markets transaction experience
- Full command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with related financial services software including SP CapitalIQ, SP Leveraged Commentary, Advantage Data, Bloomberg, Thomson One, Thomson Loan Pricing Connector, FactSet, etc.
- FINRA Series 79 (or 7) and Series 63 and /or willingness to obtain licenses in a short timeframe
Please provide a resume detailing your qualifications for the position
About RBS Citizens Capital Markets Group
From its start in 2010, RBS Citizens Capital Markets Group has rapidly grown into a leading provider of leveraged loans for middle market companies and private equity firms. The growth has been driven by the strength of the RBS Citizens' growing corporate banking platform and the Group's senior professionals who have brought vast amounts of capital markets, leveraged finance / loan syndications experience and valuable industry and private equity relationships from leading investment banks. The Group provides debt capital markets advice and leveraged and investment grade loan syndications and high yield and investment grade bond executions for public, private and financial sponsor-backed middle market and mid-corporate companies. The group supports Relationship Managers in RBS Citizens' Financial Sponsors, Technology, Healthcare and Government Contracting industry coverage verticals as well as those on the general Middle Market and Mid-Corporate commercial banking teams.
RBS Citizens Capital Markets Group is part of RBS Citizens, N.A., a subsidiary of RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (RBSCFG), a $130 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I. RBSCFG ranks 12 th among U.S. Commercial banks based on Assets and has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states. RBSCFG is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.