Associate Lab Technician III (ROB)Bookmark This
Sunrise Systems Inc
Aliso Viejo, CA
DescriptionMajor direct Healthcare client is looking for an Associate Lab Technician III for their Aliso Viejo, CA location. This is a 12 months contract assignment.
Histotechnologist - Candidate must have microtomy experience (somebody that can cut tissue samples)
Work Schedule: Tuesday ? Saturday 9:00am ? 5:30pm
The Histotechnologist reports to the Lab Supervisor and is responsible for performing simple to complex job tasks in the lab in a timely and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
?Prepare microtomy on clinical specimens and controls for testing and maintain quality with efficiency.
?Assist in sample procurement for on-going assay validations
?Cleaning and maintenance of the lab equipment.
?Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning or performing scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance / calibration / certifications, as required.
?Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines
?Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
?Other duties as assigned by Medical Laboratory Director or VP of Operations.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Successful candidate must have a solid understanding of general laboratory techniques.
* Able to demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness and team orientation.
* Able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
* Intermediate skills in microtomy and tissue embedding, must be able to complete these skills in an efficient manner
* Ability to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
* Ability to operate equipment with sufficient proficiency to successfully execute test procedures.
* Computer skills and laboratory automation knowledge.
* Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* AA, AS or minimum 2 year equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 1 year experience in a Histology/IHC lab as a technician.
* Must have microtomy experience
* All candidates must pass a color vision test.
1.HT (ASCP) Certification preferred.
2.HTL (ASCP) Certification preferred.
3.QIHC (ASCP) Certification preferred.