Associate Data ScientistBookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for a creative data scientist to use your machine learning, statistics, data mining, and analytic skills to influence the decision making of a Fortune 100 company. The Rating Plan Development team (RPD) is responsible for identifying and developing pricing opportunities that will enable Allstate to generate profitable market-share growth. RPD currently has multiple openings, from entry-level to experienced predictive modelers, and candidates will be considered for the position that best matches their skills and experience. The position will be responsible for
- Building best-in-class predictive models taking into account business constraints.
- Contributing to projects that yield actionable insights the business can use toincreasecustomer satisfaction, policy growth, retention, and loss experience
- 0 - 2years of experience in statistical research or analytical work; experience related to the insurance industry preferred.
- Solid skills and training in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining orrelated field.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in at least one programming language
- Experience using at least one machine learning algorithm (for example: Generalized Linear Models, Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, Ensemble techniques, etc.)
- Strong communication, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches.
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
- Solid knowledge of linear algebra and convex optimization techniques.
- Experience tackling large data sets or familiarity with tools such as Hadoop or MapReduce.
- Graduate degree strongly preferred; degree inMachine Learning, Statistics/Applied Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,PinterestandLinkedInto find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees inour short video:Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands. Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance