Associate - Software Application EngineerBookmark This
Charles Schwab Corporation
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Business Process Management (BPM) Technology team develops, maintains & supports BPM platforms and workflow solutions at Schwab. These platforms are mission critical, and integral to servicing clients. Our products support agents in operational processing, interface with various domains, and provide the best client experience in a timely, cost efficient manner.
Brief Description of Role:
The candidate will be a developer on the Pega Systems PRPC platform technology team. This role will be responsible for new development of enhancements to existing applications, as well as maintenance and support as needed. It requires participation on highly collaborative teams with a high level of responsibility and visibility. Strong work ethic, design and development skills and the ability to partner with technologists across the organization is required.
The candidate will be an individual contributor working closely with Business partners. He/She must have strong communication skills along with a passion to create best in class BPM solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
* Experience in J2EE applications development using EJBs, Webservices, JSPs, JDBC, JMS
* Experience in using thin client development using XML, XSLT, Stylesheets, HTML, AJAX, Webservices
* Experience with XML processing for SOAP and Webshere webservices
* Must be familiar with J2EE deployment model (EAR,WAR etc)
* Familiarity with design and development of GUI using Java SWING, preferably using Eclipse
* Must have working knowledge of UNIX, Shell programming etc.
* Working knowledge of SQL, preferably on Oracle
* Should have developed test cases on Junit testing framework
* Should be conceptually familiar with document management, imaging, capture etc.
* Should promote teamwork among groups
* Must be able to listen and work with others to create solutions
* Should address conflict with others directly and constructively to promote mutually agreeable resolutions
* Candidate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and work effectively in a dynamic fast paced team environment
* Basic knowledge of Agile development methodologies
* Familiarity with Pega Systems PRPC BPM Solution development
* PRPC Certified systems architect (CSA)"
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs
Position Located In: AZ - Phoenix, CO - Denver
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, May 16, 2013
Expiration Date: Sunday, March 30, 2014