Associate Staff Auditor - Smithfield, RIBookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is establishing an Internal Audit Development Program.We are hiring college graduates to participate in the program as Internal Audit Associates (Associates).The Associates will participate in technical and administrative training sessions that will be tailored for individuals exposed to the Internal Audit profession for the first time.Between training sessions and for the majority of the 18-month Program, they will work on GIA's audit teams.Specifically:
As an Internal Audit Associate, each individual will be enrolled in the full-time program and is responsible for successfully completing all aspect of the program including:
- Attend all training sessions;
- Complete homework and other assignments as required;
- Participate on audit assignments and execute assigned work in an accurate and complete manner; and
- Demonstrate competence in materials presented and ability to successful complete a process flow and test plan for a specific risk and control testing activity.
Description of Function
- Participate in meetings with team leader to discuss role in relation to the specific audit.
- Read any relevant background material in order to prepare for audit.
- May participate in setting up and carrying out site visits. Conduct walk through' interviews with key individuals to identify processes, risks, and controls. Capture data in the form of process maps and meeting notes and submit documentation to Audit Manager/Team Leader for review.Document work in accordance with GIA Methodology.
- Participate in site visits to test effectiveness of controls.
- Carry out tests to assess effectiveness of controls may involve data analysis / observation / interviews with colleagues within the business.
- Write up results of tests in audit database.
- Meet with team leader / project team colleagues to share data, clarify understanding and identify potential issues.
- Document work in accordance with GIA Methodology.
ReportingWrite up meeting notes and reports on tests of controls, and enter other data into audit database in line with Group Internal Audit guidelines.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Participate in GIA conferences.
- Participate in own performance appraisal meetings.
- Participate in knowledge sharing events to promote own and others' business / product knowledge and continuing professional development.
Internal Audit Associates work under the direction of an Audit Manager, and therefore do not have significant decision-making responsibility.
The Internal Audit Associate executes audit work which assesses the control environment in the organization. The impact of the work is strengthening the control environment as it relates to products and services.
High School or Equivalent (GED),Associate Degree, and Bachelor Degree required
- Demonstrated academic achievement in undergraduate degree programs. Minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred.
- All majors considered. Coursework in Finance, Accounting and Economics beneficial but not required.
- Self starter and self motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under pressure with limited time and resources.
- Internship or relevant work experience preferred but not required
College Graduate Program
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.