Associate Technical Designer-Intimate Apparel/ActiveBookmark This
151 W. 34th Street
New York, NY
Macy’s is an industry leader in developing Private Brand Merchandise. Macy's Merchandising Group (MMG) is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, sourcing, producing, selling and marketing Macy’s Private Brands across all categories. Some of our Private Brands include I•N•C, Charter Club/Club Room, Epic Threads, Alfani, Style & Co., Tools of the Trade, American Rag, Bar III, Jenni, Ideology, Hotel Collection, and The Cellar.
Responsible for a designated area of responsibility and assisting the Technical Designer in all aspects of technical design.
- Serve as technical partner with Product and Design teams.
- Act as liaison between Product Team and Overseas offices.
- Work with pattern makers on technical bodies to insure that design concepts are appropriately interpreted into samples.
- Produce standard technical package for each style, containing detailed product specification instructions and detail construction for multiple production resources.
- Approve counter samples and pre-production samples.
- Oversee final technical specifications.
- Direct and lead Fit sessions.
- Maintain Development Status Reports (DSR) for area.
- Maintain weekly fit schedule.
- Track all outstanding samples from overseas offices.
- Responsible for checking both the completed sample and pattern for accuracy.
- Ensure the area’s pattern/sloper library s properly marked and maintained.
- Work and communicate as an effective member of the Product Development team for the area(s) assigned.
- Liaison between Product Management, Overseas offices, and Suppliers.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- College Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Technical Design.
- Knowledge of PDM, Word, Excel and Micrographics.
- Expert in PDM and product standards.
- Ability to write detailed reports on pre-production samples.
- Working knowledge of garment construction.
- Ability to properly measure garments according to manual standards.
- Keen sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.